The American Dental Association (ADA) affirms the importance of regular dental check-ups and cleanings. They prevent decay and other problems and remove staining plaque and tartar. At Dr. Renuka Kumar's office in Scottsdale, AZ, teeth whitening is one of her most popular cosmetic dentistry services. Safe and successful, whitening could give you the bright smile you've longed for.
Why do teeth become stained?
Tooth enamel is porous. It's a network of calcified fibers which hold onto organic matter. Some of that organic matter discolors tooth enamel. Examples include:
- Tobacco (the smokeless kind and cigarettes/cigars)
- Dark foods, such as curry and blackberries
- Dark drinks, such as coffee, tea, and cola
- Acidic foods, such as tomatoes, oranges and vinegar
- Medications such as some antihistamines and anti-hypertensives
Add poor oral hygiene habits to the mix and teeth slowly but surely become dull and yellow.
Eliminating dental stains
At Dr. Kumar's Scottsdale office, qualified patients may choose one of two teeth whitening options: take-home trays or in-office treatments. Both types use concentrated hydrogen peroxide gel to lift stains out of tooth surfaces.
The in-office version takes just about an hour. The take-home kind involves about a week of brief daily applications. Whichever you select, expect a smile brighter by up to eight shades of color.
Through a careful cosmetic dentistry evaluation, Dr. Kumar can tell you if your teeth and gums are healthy enough for whitening. This professional screening is great advantage over drugstore whitening products which may be ineffective or cause painful dental and gingival sensitivity. Teeth whitening supervised by your Scottsdale dentist assures you of good results.
Other benefits of professional teeth whitening
1. It's the most budget friendly aesthetic dental service, says the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD).
2. Teeth stay bright indefinitely--months to even years.
3. Your renewed tooth color is easy to maintain with brushing, flossing and six-month cleanings with Dr. Kumar and her team. Limiting staining foods and beverages helps, too.
4. A beautiful smile motivates some tobacco users to quit their harmful habits, reports Research Gate.
Why not learn more?
If you're looking for a way to boost your self-confidence and take years off your smile, teeth whitening by Dr. Renuka Kumar in Scottsdale could be for you. Phone her office team for a consultation today: (480) 767-6918.